So you have a new PC? Great… Maybe you want to hit the ground running and start gaming with your friends. If so go right ahead, but if you’re like me and are a bit competitive, there might be a few settings to tweak first or applications to disable just to make sure everything is optimized for your gameplay.
Also, I’m tired of doing this individually for my friends so I thought I’d write this article for them troubleshooting their PCs.
- Disable start-up programs
- Disable Xbox companion
- Turn on Game mode.
- Delete bloatware.
- Change monitor/PC/in-game display settings to make sure your hitting 144hz/max HZ
- Power mode: need more info.
- Check your default communication audio settings.
- Have game sounds coming out of your mic/wrong output? Advanced volume mixer.